BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Monday, January 14, 2013

Prime Lens Photospam


After much waffling about what to ask for as a gift from my parents last Christmas, I decided to ask for new lens for the camera I use (Camera's not mine. Technically my dad's lol). I went for a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens. It's perfect for low-light indoor photography, which is exactly what I do with my dolls.



Here are some test shots of my new lens. Forgive the grainy photos; I had to pump up the ISO because it was so dark and rainy when I took these. Anyway, I freaking love my new lens, especially the very shallow depth of field that f/1.8 gives!










4 comments:

  1. >.< I love the depth of field too! Awesome XD Your shots are lovely as ever, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's some really lovely test shots! ^^

    I've been debating with myself whether to get the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 of the f/1.4, but the price difference is about $320 In Denmark and it just seems a lot more of an extra f-stop. :/
    How do you like the lens? I've heard a few complains that it's too light and plastic-y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a pro photographer, so take what I say with a grain of salt: I think the lens is really nice for the price! Bokeh is ok, but in higher f-stops, the photos are actually really sharp! Sharper than the kit lens and the zoom lens I used to use. The fact that it's light is a plus for me because for the longest time I've been using a heavy 18-55mm standard zoom lens, and it's been killing my fingers (too lazy to use a tripod lol). Compounded with the Canon EOS30D, which weighs a pound alone... Yeaaahhh I love how light the lens is. XDDD

    I still have to get used to lack of zooming though. And the lens doesn't have a stabilizer, so I have to stay really still when I use the biggest f-stop or else the photo will turn out blurry. :o

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've made me almost certain that I need to buy this lens. XD Hopefully I'll be able to get a new lens sometime this year.

    It is quite troublesome getting used to the lack of zooming. I have this full manual Russian lens (also a 50mm I think) and it took me quite some time to get used to, especially because I at the same time had to get used to manual focus. D:

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...