BJD FashionDoll MeetsEvents/ConventionsDiaryInterviewsReviewsTutorialsFreebiesAbout

Monday, March 3, 2014

Leather & Lace: The ManikaManila Valentine Meet 2014

Last February 22, we held our annual Valentine meet with the theme Leather & Lace. Dolls were required to don either a leather, lace or leather & lace ensemble. This was the first meet I organized as a moderator for ManikaManila, and it makes me really proud and happy to have a great turnout for this meet. ;w;

The meet was held in Tutto Domani, a quaint restaurant specializing in mouth-watering comfort food. The restaurant also doubles as a toy store. They carry designer toys such as Kidrobot and Tokidoki. Aside from the usual dolly admiring, chit-chatting, we held a contest for best costume and we also had a doll version of Never Have I Ever. XD

These folks were by far the most fashionable that day, so they get cover photo status. <3

My big girls Rowan and Blair were the only ones in attendance from me for a change. Here they are with Violet. :3

The Valentine meet wouldn't be complete without my favorite couple, Ninon & Dice! *v*

My fooooood. I ordered a TD Longganisa Sandwich Power Platter. IT'S SO GOOD.

The winners of the costume contest: Mathilde (lace), Vixen (leather) and Malena (leather & lace). All of these were handmade!
Photo courtesy of Nix.

Tutto Domani's staff were very nice and accommodating! We'd probably go back there again for a smaller meet since the place was a bit small for the number of attendees (there were more than thirty of us!). Also, it was gloomy outside, so please bear with the less than stellar photos. ^^

My girls, Violet & Dicenon~ ;w;

Another well-known couple: Endo and Rose :D

I'm not sure if Nicholai went home intact after fierce ladies Zia and Sultana were done with him. ^^;

Dear Resin's Alice and Axis! :D

Resin babies, the fruit of resin lovin'. 8'D

Dollies on the shelves, along with some designer toys. They were too far for me to take proper photos. XD

Some of our other attendees: Eremiel, Kumiko, Elu, Pora and Dennis

Kumiko and Pora again, this time with candy-cutie Mystea

Gothic cuties Reaiah, Hisame and Eremiel

They're not a couple lol but Vice is friendly enough to allow Lucy to lean on him.

Good friends Bell, Endo and Rose :)

The fierceness in this photo is overwhelming. XD Fierceness brought to you by Malena, Crow(ella), and Zia.

Grumpy boys Starr and Aya :">

Twins Kitt and Sky

Windrettes! AREN'T THEY ADORABLE? <33333

Gotta love Robin's signature smirk. 8]

Awww stop being so shy, Knoxx! x3

The almighty Chicken graced us with his presence that day *O*

Gorgeous Salene was also in attendance :D

Dollies observing humans OwO

Awesome vinyl toys on display. I wanted some of the Dunnys. :U

More designer toys!

HUMANS 8D

Just two of our most talented members. *U*

HAI GAIS HAI

Happy faces make me happy! <3

SMIIIILE 8)

Obligatory photo of Nix taking a photo of me, this time with the fancy Apeture Ring Light!

And Nix's photo of me to cap this meet post off. Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Woot! Congrats on a successful first organized meet, mod Kass! :) Everyone looked great!!! I'm sad about my photos too, wish we could've used the lighting better. ;u; Yay for Tutto Domani though~ :D Do wanna go back to try their other stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mikowall.blogspot.com10:56 PM

    Oh I love 18th photo, Starr's hair.. which wig company it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emilia5:17 AM

    Cool! Most of my family lives in the Philippines, this was very dear to me, as I am a doll lover...oh and I like longanisa sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so gorg!! <3 it!

    http://pamrances.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if you visit the country again we can do a little meet up? If that would be cool with you. :D Longanisa is the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'm proud to be a part of a talented community. :3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...